Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mercer Meadows

On June 23, 2013 I met with the group from Jerry's Artarama and we painted at the Mercer Meadows Pole Farm in Lawrence Township, Mercer County.  Previously this site was an important trans-Atlantic radio-telephone station.  Following its acquisition by the Mercer County Park Commission in 1998, the Pole Farm has been allowed to revert to natural fields and forest.  This painting was exhibited at the Bayonet Farm Arts and Music Festival.  Copyright 2013 Charles Snell.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Yes, I remember that day, but I did not see the finished painting because I left earlier. I love it!. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely strong image. Interesting and varied shapes, positioned creatively. Great use of color change. Lively brush work. A real success, Charlie.

    ReplyDelete